Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Journal 3: Old Fears

Journal 3: Old Fears

I am afraid of large size of plants especially sunflowers.
when I was a child, near my house there was a quite big sunflower field.
The sunflower trees were pretty tall so I could not see their faces closer but the their trunks. When my day lift me up to the sunflower's head, I first saw it carefully. I cannot forget the moment. I screamed and cried.
It looked like a big stuffed animal's head without eyes, nose and lips!
And it had lots of seeds. Scary.
Few years later, when I was in elemetary school, on the way to school from home, there are some sunflowers in someone's front yard. So I usually went through detour.
When I was in high school, the big change happened.
One of my friend forced me to face the sunflowers head.
I was not really happpy about it but she said "This is just a small creature which can be controlled by human." So I tried it.
The result was great. I am no more afraid of sunflowers.
But I still don't like them. :)

1 comment: